Building Name: 26 Rental Building Portfolio
Owner/Manager: CANADIAN REIT
- Located in Toronto, Oakville, Brampton
- 26 locations, submetered in 2011
- 4,511 Residential Units
- Tenant consumption surpassed the 25.0 million kWh mark in 2011
Building owners across Ontario are faced with controlled rent increases and sky rocketing electricity rate increases, with no balance in sight. Building owners across the country are employing submetering in as many buildings as possible as a means to convert to a user pay system. Faced with “only on turnover” legislation, the process is long but the pay backs are evident.
Remove suite electricity from the total building electricity operating expense.
- Decrease annual operating costs and consumption.
- Invest in energy saving technology with proven pay-backs.
- Encourage tenant engagement and awareness.
- Provide accurate and timely tenant billing.
A revenue legal CARMA METER MANAGER™ Submetering System was installed. Immediately following installation, a monthly tenant billing and collection program was initiated based on unit turnover.